To first understand why one would want to do a “ritual” around the full moon, lets notice the phases of the moon. At it’s fullest, and leading up to the full moon, the moon is in what is recognized as a waxing phase. Farmers have utilized the moon cycles for centuries in timing their sowing of seeds and reaping of the fruits of their labors. As the moon starts to get smaller, or it’s waning, over a period of about two weeks we then have a new moon. Setting intentions with the moon cycles is a great way to break away from the normal 9-5 & 24/7- 365 mentality and get into more of the rhythm of nature. As well, it serves as a great visual reminder when we do set those intentions for releasing or manifesting.
Thankfully, we really don’t need to go to great lengths to connect to the moons energy and utilize it to our benefit. It’s always there, ready to connect with us and serve as that reminder of natures mystery and flow. Many people gather together for one reason or another utilizing the full moon in ceremony, celebration, release and ritual. I believe, and bet most anyone have experienced in life, when people gather we are more powerful together. Forces and energies, love, like-minded thinking and intention flowing among us in groups is enriching and builds so much peace on the macro and micro cosmic level. Churches, Mass, Sacrament, gatherings, community, clubs, what ever you want to call them…they serve a deeper meaning and purpose, and its a beautiful thing when we can take part. The power of 3 or more together, meaning, the more people you get together to manifest, transmute, heal or perform a ceremony, the better! This, I feel is because of several reasons.
- You have witnesses: when one has a witness, not only does the intention get magnified by your trusted circle, they can help hold you accountable for your preferred outcome.
- The more energy put toward any intention builds the momentum. This is why healing circles are so powerful as well. More hands, more hearts, more energy with the same intentions and focus; better results.
- When we come together in ceremony or ritual we also create heart felt and meaningful connection with our like minded fellow humans, our tribe. Building rapport and trust in one another, learning and sharing our gifts with one another, can’t ask for a better way to serve each other then by showing up in our authenticity and vulnerability.
- You build confidence this way, learn new approaches, and its fun!
Now I have done a lot of ceremonies in groups and by myself, with my little family, and now that I am married, with my husband. You don’t have to be in a large circle or event, or big group to maximize your intentions during a full moon, or any ceremony you decide to hold for that matter. One really great way to magnify your intentions when flying solo is to use CRYSTALS!
Glorious, Amazing, Healing and MAGNIFYING Crystals.
They really ARE our allies, in so many ways.
*A simple sacred space or alter is great to have set
up for a visual reminder to return to regularly.*
So how do they help us, and which ones to choose? First, and always; GO WITH YOUR GUT when choosing Crystals. Your Inner knowing and Higher Self will lead you right to the correct stones you need to manifest your intentions. But there are some that are known for their incredible assistance in releasing the old, and maximizing your intentions for the upcoming 30 day cycle.
Setting intentions with the full moon is like having a visual reminder and energetic clock that helps keep us on track. When we use the full moon, we RELEASE! When we use the new moon, we can BUILD. During the in between times of the moon cycle it is waxing or waning… building or diminishing. I hope you’re catching on here.
Crystals that help us when our intention is to release old stagnancy, stuck energies, thought patterns or habits, and bring in new opportunities are as follows but not limited to:
- Smoky Quartz – transmutes old patterns, releases negativity and old blocks of any kind.
- Peacock Ore – supports the subtle body in releasing blockages, or stuck energy.
- Rutilated Quartz – helps to move along the process swiftly, cleansing.
- Aquamarine – helps release anger , soothing
- Petrified Wood – helps release emotional patterns that no longer serve
- Citrine – Helps to release unhappy thoughts and feelings, make way for more happiness!
- Blue Lace Agate – helps so find patience, softness & forgiveness in the process.
- Rhodochrosite – helps heal the heart, releasing the pain of past wounds.
- Amber – great for physical pain relief!
- Carnelian – assistas in releasing blockages in creativity and passion.
- Jet – an assistant to releasing.
- Selenite – detach and release.
- Tiger Iron – deflects negativity away from you.
- Rose Quartz – All things love, and I highly encourage infusing everything possible with love, and its entirely possible!
See? You have TONS of choices to choose from. Choose a few that resonate with your intentions this coming full moon and work with them. You can apply the crystals energy in several ways.
- To get yourself into the frequency of accepting and receiving, meditate with the crystal for a few minutes before getting started.
- Writing out your intentions, place them top of your paper and ask the crystal to support you in releasing the listed things.
- While creating your sacred space, set up the crystals around a candle, calling in your guides and the Crystal Devas (yes, crystals each have a spirit, or energy, that will work with you if you ask them) to assist you prior to a burning ceremony.
- Place them around the candle used to burn your releasing statement, helping to give the intentions set more energy.
- After ceremony, keep crystals in a sacred space, or alter as a visual reminder to take steps every day to further you along your set intention.
- Sleep with them under your pillow. I advice if you haven’t worked with all the crystals you’ve chosen one on one already to sleep with them one at a time, for a 3 nights each.
- Carry them your pocket or wear it as a pendant or in a medicine or mojo bag every day as a DMO reminder or reminder of your goals.
The other really fun way to utilize crystals during ceremony is through crystal grid works. WOW, does this really amplify our intentions.
*The nautilus is a great gemetric form for creation, as it resemble the ‘6’
which represents creation, and looks like a pregnant belly.*
This is my go to for releasing unwanted thoughts, feelings, things, etc. The Nautilus! Or also known as the Fibonacci Golden Ratio. (Scroll to the bottom for a free printable template!) As you build the grid, start from the inside out. If you are using crystals with points, have them pointing outwards as the spiral continues. If using crystals without points, that is oky doky, just use your intention and the inward to outward building structure. You can learn more about crystal grid work in my upcoming class!
I hope this helps you during your full moon releasing ceremony this coming Full Moon! I personally am really looking forward to it. Some other really great tips house during full moon energy:
- Clean out unwanted junk or cluttering your home and work space
- Smudge your whole home and/or work space
- Take a energy releasing, cleansing bath
- Start a detox program
- Do a Chakra cleansing exercise
- Earth yourself
- Implement a crystal tincture to your diet!
- Get a healing session
- Attend a Sound Healing event (super cleansing on an energetic and physical level)
- Eating light (fruits & veggies) helps also energetically cleanse your body
- Lighting some candles around your home with intention of clearing the energy.
- Open the windows
- Sweep the floors, be sure to get in all the hidden areas where energy and dust like to accumulate.
- Express Gratitude for all that has been cleansed (like it’s already gone)
Alright, I think thats enough for now. I have tons more tips and tricks but I think this is a great start! Please do share with your friends and feel free to ask any questions. If you want to work 1 on 1 regarding a specific outcome, I’d be happy to assist you.
I have put together a bundle of amazing products to help you create sacred space, and assist you deeply in releasing with the full moon! Yes! Check out our Full Moon Spirit Essentials!
Many Crystal Infused Blessings, Sparkly Ones!
~Advanced Crystal Master~
~Reiki Master Teacher~
~Creative Heart behind Enlightened Remedies~
SIDE NOTE AND DISCLAIMER **links I attached to the crystals listed are to Tinctures. Not the actual stones. To learn more about tinctures and the many benefits to using them read here. Want to know what to do with your crystals tonight? Read here!
ENJOY THIS FREE!
Fibonacci Golden Ratio Crystal Grid infused with Smoky Quartz
My FaceBook Video, in case you missed it!